Herpes Community
tingling in my buttocks and thighs

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

tingling in my buttocks and thighs

Hi... My recent contact was almost a month ago. Last week I went to the doctor because I felt pain while urinating. I got tested and I had chlamidya or urithritis. About a day ago I started feeling a tingling and numbing sensation in my buttocks down to my thighs. I heard this is a symptom for herpes. I had no bumps or sores. None of the typical symptoms.
I really need to know if this could cause herpes because it is driving me nuts..

Thank You
This might be a symptom of herpes, but in the absence of any sores, it usually isn't.  Have you talked to your doctor about this?  Maybe you have an inflamed prostate, a back injury, etc.

Aj
Avatar n tn
I haven't talkled to him yet. But I am planning to get tested this thursday from a clinic. I am just really worried because there is no other symptoms... Do you guys think it might be something else?

Thanks..
Yes, I already said that it could be other things.

Aj
Avatar n tn
Sorry I didn't read your post properly,,
Avatar n tn
I have another question... I read somewhere that the tingling sensation in the buttocks and thighs are associated to recurrent OB and not initial OB. Is this true?

thanks..
No, that's not true.  Where are you reading these things?

That can happen with a new infection or a recurrence, but in the absence of sores, I wouldn't think it was being caused by herpes.

Aj
Avatar n tn
I read it in some site...I will get tested this thursday to be sure.... I am just really down right now...I thought the chlamidya was nerve racking and now this... I hope it is not herpes..

Tom...