Herpes Community
tiny little red bumps on the tip of my penis, itchy, irritating

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

hi
about 20 days ago i received un-protected oral sex and now i had to go to the doctor because my testicles were kind of aching a bit, and now i just discovered tiny little red bumps all around the tip of my penis, not easily visible, more so easy to see with a light bulb close to it. These bumps kind of itch all day, it doesn't burn when i pee, there's been no discharge, swelling or redness. it all started with a kind of tingling in my penis about 2 weeks after the oral sex. then my balls started to hurt one day so i went to the doctor, then just yesterday i was examining myself and found these itchy bumps underneath my skin in the tip of my penis.
im awaiting test results now but am just kind of loosing my mind, really scared and want to know whats going on.
could this be herpes?
like i said the bumps r very hard to see but i can notice them cause im looking alot and very closely.
please any info would be appreciated
thanks
if you have to look this close to see them, odds are this isn't herpes going on.

what testing did you have done so far?

grace
i do have to look extremely close
i just got tested maybe 3 days ago, awaiting the results
tested for hiv, aids, herpes, clamidia, gonerea, main ones i guess
pee'd in a cup, and they sent it in should i get blood taken also?
thanks for ur post
You cant test for herpes using pee.
At this point, waiting for test results to come back is the best thing to do . this doesn't really sound like herpes though.  continue to follow up with your provider to try to figure out what is causing your symptoms.

grace
so i should get my blood tested also? for herpes?
did your doctor take a look? I one day got a bunch of tiny red bumps that did not itch and did not really grow. i went to the doctor but they normally came and left when i would see the doctor. so i told her and she took a look and saw a few but said it was just fungus either cause by friction from sex when my exgf wasnt fully lubricated or she might of had a yeast infection. so dont sweat it and just go out for a 2nd opinion.
Not so sure if I was itchy or not to be honest
yeah he took a look for sure, but when he did i didnt really know about these crazy microscopic bumps until after the doctors apt. ,,,,cause then i really examined myself thoroughly and found them with a lamp bulb up close, could have been there before i dont know never had to examine before....
they kinda look like they r getting better , i dont know tho
i feel a little bit better, balls dont really hurt anymore
still have a weird shooting pain that doesnt really hurt, inside my penis, just wierd and makes me be like woah!
on naproxen as we speak, and for the next while
itching seems to be getting better, dont really notice down there much until i get a random shooting weird non painful stingish feeling, symptoms seem to be getting better all around
still want to know what these bumps are
Well I hear you and I wish you the best of luck. I'm currently going through a scare myself but I'm getting unusual symptoms. Keep us posted and wish you the best man!
if you have to look that hard to see a rash, it's not std related.

grace
what about these weird shooting pain thing going on with my penis tho
??
I know it's hard waiting but at this point waiting for test results and then following up with your provider is the best you can do.

not everything is a std.  

grace
so latest news is that my pee tests came backclean
i still need to go do blood test
basically all of the previous symptoms i had went away
now i have a red ,kind of darker, small patch of skin on the tip of my penis
could this be herpes?
why is it all  herpes to you?

grace
i dont know, im just stressing cause herpes is still one of the tests i havent taken yet
could herpes be a dry patch of skin or few dry red patches?
there seems to be nothing inside, absolutely nothing coming out
just kind of red dry irritated , maybe 2 or 3?
very hard to see sometimes but i can still notice them, don't really itch but my boxers seems to irritate it
if i look very very closely almost looks like it is dry and doesnt feel rough but looks a little off
what does an outbreak usually look like, could it be a red dry patch of skin?

usually when you contract hsv1 genitally from oral sex, you don't have to ask if it's herpes, you know. it typically presents with very "classic" and very obvious and painful symptoms.  nothing you've described sounds like that.