Herpes Community
titers

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

titers

is titer testing the same as looking for antibodies?
Tags: titers
yes and no.  No one should be doing the old fashioned titer testing on blood test for herpes. Some folks do still refer to it as titer testing though even when it's not the same test they are using.

clear as mud?

grace
i called my old doctors nurse and she said the did titer testing 2nd and 3rd test  instead of herpeselect that new doctor did last test. so should ingore 2 and 3 test?
I can best help you if I see all the results of your blood tests.

also - we always appreciate it when you keep all your questions in the same thread instead of starting new ones each time :)  Just makes it easy to scan back thru all your prior posts without having to individually find them all.

grace
if a person has herpes from about 20 years ago and has not had a breakout in 10 years and this person has unprotected sex can he transmitted to his partner?  They told him he can have sex  when he doesn't
have the outbreak that is safe and he cant transmitted it that way.   That the only way he can trasmitted is if he is having an outbreak.  please advise