transmission of HSV 1 while experiencing prodromal symptoms.
I been diagnosed with oral HSV1 four years ago. I experienced tingling on my lips for two days. I applied Abreva and took Valtrex to try to prevent an outbreak (500mg twice a day). I never developed a cold sore and the symptoms went away. Unfortunately, I drunkenly made out with someone on day three. What are the chances that I pasted on the virus to them? Should I try to contact them?
abreva isn't very worthwhile for oral herpes. it only speeds healing less than a day sooner than using a placebo. way too overpriced for minimal results. just a fyi.

The dose of valtrex for cold sores is 2gm 2x/day for 1 day.   If you have 500mg tablets then it's 4 of them 2x/day for 1 day at the first sign of a cold sore.

hard to tell if you really did have a cold sore on the way or not.  totally up to you if you want to contact the person you made out with or not.  

grace