Herpes Community
vaginal blood blister - help!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

vaginal blood blister - help!

I went to my OB/GYN today because I had noticed a blood blister looking thing at the edge of the inner vaginal cuff (I have no clue regarding official medical terminology for this stuff).  It was fairly small and kind of looked like a mole or something?  So I got nervous and made an appt w/my doc to check it out.  So the first thing she says when I go in today is "Oooooh, not good.  You would think in all my years of practice and all the women I've looked at I would've seen something like this but I haven't..." (And yes, she said those EXACT words...)  The other thing is that when I looked at it last night, it had doubled and/or tripled in size... (The reason I knew to look up there was because I was bleeding a little bit on the tissue paper and wanted to know what was up.)  So she got a silver nitrate stick and "cauterized" whatever it was to see if that would help.  She said that it should help if it was a blood blister and then told me that it DID look a little less red as she was putting it on so hopefully that would help.  So I got home and checked it out and of course couldn't see a thing through all the grey-stained skin.  BUT IM STILL HAVING BLOOD ON THE TISSUE??  The problem here for me is not the blood blister per se... it's the fact that my doctor, who has been in practice for a good 25 years, said she has never seen anything like that??  Can someone tell me what exactly THAT means and/or if they've had experience with a "blood blister" in their *area* and why the heck would I have that?  OH!  As a sidebar, I do have hsv II AND HPV and had precancer cells in my cervix for 4 pap smears, with the fifth one (the last one) being clear finally... but she said this had nothing to do with my cervix.  HELP!!!! Please!
The only thing I suggest is a 2nd opinion from another gyn.  

grace
thats the second time ive gotten that advice.  guess i should take it huh? ;) i really like my OB though.  sad... ok.  thanks grace, youre the best!
What evr happened to that vaginal blood blister? I have one in the same spot, upper left. It was biopsyed, nothing unusual found. They cauterized to stop the bleeding after removing some of it, but I still have it. I got the same answers, didn't know what it is, never seem it before. It took me an hour of searching on line to find your note. Finally someone else can relate. did they tell you it was a herniated blood vessel and that it would go away on it's own? Well, I can have sex with my husband because i'm so uncomfortable about this. I'm going to go back in.
~Deb
It just went away honestly.  After she silver nitrated it, it went away.  She said it was irritation from :::ahem::: a toy.  haha.  Funny but bizarre.  I really have had no other problems with anything in that arena.  She just advised me to be less "vigorous" in my activities.  So I've pretty much ceased and desisted altogether.  I hope yours is just as uneventful as mine has been!  Good luck!
lube, lube and more lube - especially with toys :)

grace