Herpes Community
what does the test result imply? 4 and 16
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

what does the test result imply? 4 and 16

I noticed a couple red bumps in my pubic hair. I first over looked it as a body acne, coz i do get a bit all over my body.

but then, i went to the clinic to get tested for herpes and the result came in numbers and the clinic doctor didn't know much about herpes but i was told to have herpes. both HSV1 and 2.

the test result showed 4H and 16H i don't know which is which.

I want to know what that number implies.

the blister broke and is sill there. its been about 3 weeks

i always used condom everytime i have sex, but got blow job twice in the past 4~ 5 months from 2 different girls.

could i have gotten HSV2 from oral sex?

thank you
Related Discussions
-8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
Did your results say something like HSV1 4.0H and HSV2 16.0H?

The h means they are high, and out of the "normal range", meaning they are positive.

No, you don't get hsv2 from oral sex.  You can, however, get herpes even when using condoms.

AJ
Blank
Yes, you can get herpes from oral sex. It is very common to have HSV1 on the genitals, and HSV2 in the mouth.  They are essentially interchangable and the old terminology of oral/genital herpes is outdated.
You can also get either virus while wearing a condom.  Also, it is very common to carry the virus for years without an outbreak.  So, it is not necessarily the 2 recent interactions that infected you.  It could have been many years ago that you got an infection and some recent form of stress on your body caused the breakout.  good luck.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...
Sep 04 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank