what to expect?
I was dx with herpes on October 8,2012. I never knew I had herpes until then. I was going to the doctor and getting my checkups regularly.   I was scared and devastated when I found out.  Two days ago I had my first outbreak and it is very painful and scary. I have migraines and backaches but I don't know if they are associated with the herpes. Do you think they are associated? Also I made a doctor's appointment and my question about that is what should I expect at the doctor office?  Thank you all in advance.
I'm going to assume that you had herpes blood testing done for your diagnosis?  I will gladly take a look at your results if you want to post them here so we can be sure that you were tested properly.  all you have to do is post the exact numeric results - e.g. hsv1 igg 6.9 and hsv2 igg 6.5 or whatever they are.

did you start herpes antivirals?  why did you make a doctor's appointment for something you already know you have?

headaches and backaches are associated with herpes recurrences as well as herpes antiviral use.  

grace
I don't know of any numbers. I was told of my dx over the phone. The reason I made the appointment is to get a second opinion but now that I am going through my first outbreak I don't think I need a second.opinion. I also need medication for the virus. I have never had an outbreak until now and I've never taken any meds. That's the reason for the appointment.
Oh and yes it was a blood test. I had a percutaneous exposure at school and had to get tested.
give them a call and ask them to read your exact results over the phone to post here. all you have to post are the  numeric results - e.g. hsv1 igg 7.89 and hsv2 igg 3.3 or whatever they are. that way we can be sure you had proper testing and see if you need to be seen each time you have symptoms to try to determine if what is going on is all herpes related or not.

too late now to take meds for this recurrence :(   they need started as soon as possible into the recurrence.  This is going to be too healed until you are seen.

so what do you do now?  do you have a regular partner? if so, have they been tested to know their own status? you also should ask your provider to give you a prescription for herpes antivirals to fill and keep at the house.  That way you have the medication to start at the very first sign of a recurrence.
Yes I do have a regular partner. He hasn't been tested fir herpes as of yet. This is not a recurrence this actually my first outbreak, that's the reason I never seemed medical.attention for herpes because Invery had an outbreak. But I will.call the clinic Monday morning and ask them for.the numbers of my results.
no, it's your first obvious recurrence. you had your first ob long ago whether you were aware of it or not.

your partner definitely needs tested to know his status! you two can't make educated decisions about what precautions to take until you know who has what.