Herpes Community
wondering i am negative while my bf is positive in hsv2

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Can anyone help me?? heres my story my boyfriend and i went to a vacation for one week here in the philippines ..he is an american and im a filipina..we are having sex for one week..three days after  he went back to his country he discovered a sore/ pimple like in his penis so he freaked out asking if i was clear for std test.. suspecting im a carrier of herpes?? i said no well i have a boyfriend but i dont have any symptoms of herpes.. So he went for a test for hsv2 igG herpes test and he is positive ,a week later i went for an hsv2 test too and the result is negative...I was wondering is it possible i can be negative after having an unsafe sex for one week with him??well i dont have any sympttoms of herpes..
He told to his doctor that he had a herpes zoster before one year ago... and he dont have sex with other woman for 2 years so he is wondering where did he get this??how come he can have a herpes?? the doctor told him that because of changing the weather/temperature and exposure to sunlight its possible that his herpes zoster before developed into genital herpes since he wasnt prescribe for anitvirus when he had the zoster before... I just want to be cleared how this is possible to be happen...i need some explanation  thank you..

he is now taking valtrex everyday and i still want to marry him because i love him  
and ..what is the safest way for me to avoid future infection or what should i do??any advice will be appreciated thank you...

if his igg blood test was + when he first noticed symptoms then this isn't a new infection fo rhim.  Herpes zoster doesn't turn into genital herpes.  they are completely different viruses.  

You should repeat your igg blood test in a few months just to make sur eyou didn't contract it from him.

grace
I will answer your question on how you can avoid getting Herpes from your b/f .... abstaining from sex when he is having an outbreak will reduce your risk but not totally,condoms would be the safest method .... some people have been together for years whereby one is + and the other - and the negative partner hasn't contracted Herpes,that is not to say you won't in time, but if you stick to a strict safety regime to avoid transmission as much as possble you are reducing the risk.
Your b/f may have had Herpes since before he met you but has not been aware of it till now,this can happen.
Herpes should not stop a couple from having a long and loving relationship, I commend your understanding of this issue with your b/f.

I agree with Grace Herpes Zoster does not turn into Genital Herpes.

Good Luck in the future
Daisy  
hi daisy thank you very much for your answer i appreciate ..im wishing you good luck and God bless..
hi grace thank u for the response .yes im planning to have a test next few weeks..thank u very much