Herpes Community
worried about getting herpes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

worried about getting herpes

I had sex four days ago with a woman i have been friends with for a long time.  She has hsv2 and has had it for 3 years.  she is on Acyclovir and had no symptoms or pondrome and i used a condum.  I have been having a mild burning sensation on my scrotum since the day after and have a small rash on it.  I have had a mild buning on my inner thighs also but im pretty sure its from chafing. I have been constantly checking myself also for blisters.  I have been panicking since the next day of this encounter. I am a complete nervous wreck and have been breaking down.  She told me that the suppresant does a lot in preventing the transmission.  I need to know if these are herpe symptoms or is it my nerves going out of control?  When is the soonest i can get tested?
I was best friends with a guy for 3 yrs. 2 mths ago it started moving forward. After 6 wks I told him was about my disease.we never had sex but everything else. He tried to take it well but 2 wks later he got a red welt in his hand an forehead & freaked out on me. Obviously unrelated. Now only gives me "air kisses" I'm 52 had it about 25+ yrs and he's first & only person I've told. His reaction taught me a lesson. I will never tell or touch another person again. I'm a leper!!! Don't overreact yet and make her feel this way. It sucks to get rejected let alone by a friend. If you can't accept her who can? Please wait & see.
the odds that you contracted hsv2 from this partner are incredibly low.  symptoms the next day, wouldn't be due to herpes from her.

really, call off the crotch watch!!  You could have sex with her twice a week for an entire year and you'd be 99% likely NOT to have contracted hsv2 from her. really no reason to think you contracted it from a one time encounter and your anxiety is getting the best of you.

grace
Well the rash popped up a day or two later.  Could that be the outbreak?  Can i get tested now?
I am still very concerned.  My genitals and inner thighs are still burning and i have a weird red spot  under my foreskin and i cant tell if its from irratation or if its a blister.
go and be seen and have your symptoms looked it.
The woman informed me shes taking 200 mg 2x daily of acyclovir.  Is that enough for helping prevent transmission?
Also, if i have blisters, will them being painful be a sure sign?  If theyre not, is that a good sign?  I went to plan parenthood tues and they said i shouldnt worry and inspected me and said i should be fine.  Im going to go again sat.  I really cant tell if the extremely small bumps under my foreskin are new or not.  My burning has subsided a little though and its been a week since the encounter
suppressive therapy with acyclovir is 400mg twice a day.  

extremely small bumps? really, you are looking that closely at your genitals that you are going to be seen over these?  call off the crotch watch! You are probably irritating yourself even more with it.
So taking 400 mg total wont help?
no, it isn't effective at reducing asymptomatic shedding as well as the recommended dose is.
So are my chances still low or are they pretty high?
your chances were incredibly low even if she didn't take anything for herpes!!
I still am burning down there so im going to get it checked out again tomorrow.  At this point, adter being stressed so much and having a nervous breakdown over this, i would most likely have sores everywhere if i contracted it by now.
And my stress is giving me symptoms like this.  Im hoping atleast.  Im going to try and calm down.  Thanks for the help.
you are your own worse enemy with all of this!!
Well i developed a rash between my anus and scrotum after i had diahrea friday.  I went to pph again and they said it wasnt herpes after inspection and i told them my genitals and inner thighs were still burning.  They gave me a yeast infection pill.  Well today my symptoms are still the same but i have calmed down a little bit.  My crouch area always feels moist and burns mostly when i sit down.  Im trieng my best to not think about it.  When is the soonest i can get a blood test if i never develope lesions?
Well its 6 weeks post encounter and I still have the same symptoms and I developed a single yellow head pimple in my thigh.  Its a little painful and I ended up popping it.  Looked like it had clear fluid in it.  Does it sound like an infection or herpes?
this doesn't sound at all like herpes .

are you being seen each time you have new symptoms?
Ive been seen twice.  they said chances of getting it was unlikely and didnt look like herpes.  im not panicing as much as i was in the begining but i guess being worried still is making me ultra sensitive still.  I have a ridicolous amount of stress right now in my life and that's probably not helping it.  Thanks for the help grace.
Well my symptoms are off and on still. I have been getting red bumps on my thighs but non of them are close together but sometimes they do hurt depending on where they are.  Can someone please tell me the herpe blister characteristics?  I have one semi painful bump on the inner part of my thigh.  And lastly, what are the chances of having outbreaks on your thighs?  I haven't had any questionable lesions on my genitals but am obviously still worried.  Thank you.
these don't sound herpes related.  you can have folliculitis and irritation as well as many things cause these symptoms.

be seen for your symptoms.
So the other day i was relaxing and watching tv and scratched my scrotum.  I bekieve i scratched a little too much.  Well, a rash popped up the next day with red spots.  They dont look raised from whst i can see but there is a little bit of dry blood there.  Still have the same mild burning sensation also.  Should i worry?  I unfortunately dont have time to go to the dr at this time.  
no idea at all what you expect me to tell you at this point?  
Does it sound like herpes or irratation from scratching?
I am a little over 3 months since the encounter.  I was thinkinv about getting tested through stdcheck.com.  is that a good place to go to do so?  I still havent had any obvious blisters but have had the burning and stinging sensation pretty consistently.  
Nothing you have said in any of your posts sounds remotely like herpes.  I'm far from an expert and even i can see that.
I had a hsv2 type specific test a little more than 3 months post encounter.  I believe it was igg elisa and was negstive. Are those results accurate?
Anybody? I went through labcorp for hsv2 specific at 14 weeks or so post encounter.  Can i trust these results?
yes you can trust those results. congrats!
Thankyou grace
Meanwhile how is your friend doing in light of your reaction to your encounter with her