Aa
A
A
Close
24wks pregnant and flaring!!
I am 24wks pregnant and having a horrid flare! For the first 3 months of my pregnancy I went into remission for the first time since I developed HS. Recently I have developed a few abcesses, mostly in the groin area. It hurts so bad! Warm compresses aren't working, and Tylenol is a joke. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1041243_tn?1375234120
Hi there! I too had a flare during pregnancy, quite a few large abscesses under my arms and in the groin area. I went to the E.R. as I didn't want to take any chances pregnant. They were able to lance a few (relief!), and gave me a script for antibiotics (as always) and pain meds. I didn't use the pain meds as I didn't feel I needed them, but it sounds like you're having more pain than I did that time. Do you see a dermatologist? What kind of soap do you use? I use Nuetrogena, Dial, and Hibeclens which all seem to help prevent abscesses. Anything with fragrance can aggravate the condition. I used dial through pregnancy. Do you see your OBGYN any time soon? Maybe they could offer up some answers. Let us know how you're doing!
Comment
Cancel
1041243_tn?1375234120
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
24wks pregnant and flaring!!
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) Community Resources