Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) Community
24wks pregnant and flaring!!

Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) is a chronic disease of a type of sweat gland. It can occur in one or multiple areas of your body. HS usually develops in your armpits, groin and anal area. It causes long-term skin inflammation and can be painful. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS), prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

24wks pregnant and flaring!!

I am 24wks pregnant and having a horrid flare! For the first 3 months of my pregnancy I went into remission for the first time since I developed HS. Recently I have developed a few abcesses, mostly in the groin area. It hurts so bad! Warm compresses aren't working, and Tylenol is a joke. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice?
Hi there! I too had a flare during pregnancy, quite a few large abscesses under my arms and in the groin area. I went to the E.R. as I didn't want to take any chances pregnant. They were able to lance a few (relief!), and gave me a script for antibiotics (as always) and pain meds. I didn't use the pain meds as I didn't feel I needed them, but it sounds like you're having more pain than I did that time. Do you see a dermatologist? What kind of soap do you use? I use Nuetrogena, Dial, and Hibeclens which all seem to help prevent abscesses. Anything with fragrance can aggravate the condition. I used dial through pregnancy. Do you see your OBGYN any time soon? Maybe they could offer up some answers. Let us know how you're doing!