Aa
A
A
Close
24wks pregnant and flaring!!
I am 24wks pregnant and having a horrid flare! For the first 3 months of my pregnancy I went into remission for the first time since I developed HS. Recently I have developed a few abcesses, mostly in the groin area. It hurts so bad! Warm compresses aren't working, and Tylenol is a joke. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1041243 tn?1375234120
Hi there! I too had a flare during pregnancy, quite a few large abscesses under my arms and in the groin area. I went to the E.R. as I didn't want to take any chances pregnant. They were able to lance a few (relief!), and gave me a script for antibiotics (as always) and pain meds. I didn't use the pain meds as I didn't feel I needed them, but it sounds like you're having more pain than I did that time. Do you see a dermatologist? What kind of soap do you use? I use Nuetrogena, Dial, and Hibeclens which all seem to help prevent abscesses. Anything with fragrance can aggravate the condition. I used dial through pregnancy. Do you see your OBGYN any time soon? Maybe they could offer up some answers. Let us know how you're doing!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) Community Resources