Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) Community
Hidradenitis Suppurativa?
About This Community:

Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) is a chronic disease of a type of sweat gland. It can occur in one or multiple areas of your body. HS usually develops in your armpits, groin and anal area. It causes long-term skin inflammation and can be painful. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS), prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hidradenitis Suppurativa?

I have a lot of scarring from hidradenitis outbreaks in between my breasts.  I've got is mostly under control now- only an occasional breakout- and now I'm trying to figure out the best way to deal with the scars.  Is laser treatment the only way to go?  Do you have any other recommendations?  I have a few deep crater-like scars, and the rest are just on the surface.  

Also, what is the best way to go about treating hidradenitis?  I'm currently taking antibiotics (minocycline), is this a legitimate long-term treatment?