Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) Community
Hidradenitis Suppurativa?

Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) is a chronic disease of a type of sweat gland. It can occur in one or multiple areas of your body. HS usually develops in your armpits, groin and anal area. It causes long-term skin inflammation and can be painful. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS), prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Hidradenitis Suppurativa?

I have a lot of scarring from hidradenitis outbreaks in between my breasts.  I've got is mostly under control now- only an occasional breakout- and now I'm trying to figure out the best way to deal with the scars.  Is laser treatment the only way to go?  Do you have any other recommendations?  I have a few deep crater-like scars, and the rest are just on the surface.  

Also, what is the best way to go about treating hidradenitis?  I'm currently taking antibiotics (minocycline), is this a legitimate long-term treatment?
  • Bruise? I think (1 replies):
    Hi there, so about 4 years ago I got my nose pierced and...[more]
  • please help (1 replies):
    i have folliculitis scars all over my body. i cant affor...[more]
  • Scarring Issues (1 replies):
    For years now I've been dealing with scarring on my Pubi...[more]
  • scars (1 replies):
    how to repair scars i hav a deep one and a few that are ...[more]
  • scar repair (1 replies):
    how can i repair scars i have a deep one and a few that ...[more]
For the scars which are on the surface, you can try topical treatment like hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids and tretinoin cream. Please discuss these options with your dermatologist before using them. For the deep crater like scars, you can go in for chemical peeling or laser resurfacing.
Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.