Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) Community
Hidradenitis Suppurativa

Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) is a chronic disease of a type of sweat gland. It can occur in one or multiple areas of your body. HS usually develops in your armpits, groin and anal area. It causes long-term skin inflammation and can be painful. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS), prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Hidradenitis Suppurativa

I had a bout of Hidradenitis Suppurativa about 6 years ago and it is was located under my arm pits which was very painful and I underwent 7 operations to have them drain and then finally the doctor discovered to remove my sweat glands and they have never came back.  Well, now they have resurface but not under my arm pits but in my groin area and in between my thighs and buttocks.  Can you please direct me to a doctor who specializes in this condition. I do not want to go through the same painful experience. I live in Poughkeepsie, NY but I will travel to NYC if I have to. Doctor does not need to be in the area. Just want someone who knows the condition.  Thanks for your help.
i have been suffering with hs for about 3 years now at first it started out with a small pimple in the groin area during the delivery of my 4th child. my ob just brushed it off and prescribed me antibiotics and said it was a hair bump. after the birth they started appearing more and larger and painful to the point that i cannot walk or sit. i dont have a sex life because the lesions are huge and always draining. at first my primary doctor did not want to refer me to a dermatologist because she said there was no cure but through persistance she gave me the referral now the dermatologist put me on another antibiotic. im sick of all these antibiotics and just need relief. i told my husband that we need a divorce because we do not have sex at all because the lesions are always there. what am i supposed to do i need help now