Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) Community
Hidradenitis suppurativa

Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) is a chronic disease of a type of sweat gland. It can occur in one or multiple areas of your body. HS usually develops in your armpits, groin and anal area. It causes long-term skin inflammation and can be painful. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS), prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Hidradenitis suppurativa

Has anyone ever heard of Hidradenitis suppurativa?  My symptoms of the swollen sore red puss filled bumps is very similar to the symptoms of this illness?  Has anyone had this or know of someone with this?
Hello shamsham, I came across this site completely by accident but my mum has hidradenitits suppuativa, she constanly gets lumps and cysts and is always in an out of the doctors, I know its very uncomfortable for her too, shes 39 years old and the docs say it could have came about after her historectomy (i think she had in her early 20s) Ill get her to join this board and post later :)
I developed 1 painful red swollen bump under my left arm first.  A couple of days went by and it got worse and as I squeezed it puss came out.  The pain has subsided and the puss is no more but the bump is still there.  However a day later I developed 4 more under the other underarm with same symptoms.  These hurt so much I find it difficult to keep my arms down or drive.  I am afraid to go to the doctor, keep thinking they will go away by themselves.  My sister who is a surgical tech has advised me to go to the doctor, says its sounds like sabaceous (something like that) glands and only antibiotics will help or if I don't do anything now, surgery will have to happen later.  I am 39 years old, have never ever experienced anything like this.  It took me a while to even show or discuss this with my son and boyfriend.  I am so embarrassed.  I've been using the same deodarant (dove) for years, same razors so I don't understand how or why this is happening.  Does this sound like it could be Hidradenitis suppurativa?