Hidradenitis Suppurativa User Group
MY SOLUTION for Hidradenitis Suppurativa
About This Group:

A support group for those suffering and living with Hidradenitis Suppurativa.

Founded by rickyhs on October 1, 2009
18 members

I was having an increasing problem with boils in my groin and was diagnosed with HS.  I have now had it under control for years.  I can't remember the last time I got a boil.  Here's what I did:  
1.  Use Lever 2000 Original Soap.  It has to be the Original.  It's white colored.  I don't know what it is about this soap but anytime I stopped using it, I would get a boil.  I suspect that it's easy on the skin while being hard on the bacteria.  Order it on-line if you have to.  When I see it in a store, I buy them all up.  
2.  Smother the general area with sanitizer every morning after showering.  I used the Germ-X with aloe vera.
3.  For years almost every day of my life, I wore Under Armour compression shorts long enough to cover the problem area.  Heat Wear.  They have a high performance fabric that kept the area, as dry and cool as possible.  They aren't cheap, but they last for a long time.  Some of my shorts are probably 5 years or more old.    
These are the big 3, I think mattered, but also:    
4.  I believe weight is connected--if you search Google Images you will see that most people who have this are overweight.  However, I have gained my weight back and the boils have not returned...yet.
5.  I don't know how much this helped, but I've had laser hair removal in the area.  Some articles say this condition originates in the hair follicles.  

-One thing is certain, the boils seem to perpetuate themselves so you have to be consistent.  
-Finally, when I did get a boil, I didn't play with it.  The only thing that worked after years of experimenting, was a warm compress, several times a day until it was gone.  I would put a damp wash cloth in the microwave for 30 seconds, then after it cooled do it again.  I would do that 2-3 times a day until the boil is gone.    You will notice the shrinkage of the boil after giving it a good soak like this.  If I slacked off before the battle was over, the boil would grow again.  I believe the warm water pulls the boil's fluid through the skin and out of the body.  
-This method is also the best way to minimize the scarring, because you are shrinking the boil slowly, and treating the skin nicely.    
sdp1982 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 09
invisiblyme uploaded new photos
Apr 22
isolte7 added the Ovulation Tracker
01/13