20 yr old with high BP and tachycardia
Hello, so recently I have been feeling off, having lots of head aches, dizziness, feeling really hot and chest pain. I went into see my doctor they took my BP and it was 157/100 and then it was 167/119. Also my pulse was at 156 and even after a while neither my pulse or bp lowered to a "normal" level. Also I had an EKG done that showed an obvious tachycardia and a right bundle branch block. My doctor sent me home, but still I feel off and I am concerned. Any ideas on what this might be? Also I should add, I am only 20 years old.
hum did he send you home with meds or what to do to lower your blood pressure. i can say if i was you i would be going to another dr and seeing what they say. your readings are way to high for a 20 year old or any age. if you dont feel good go to the er they have great cardio drs there and they will help you get to the bottom of it
No he didn't send me home on any medications or anything. I've realized if I lay flat I can get down to a 138/88 area but my pulse is still pretty high in the 125 range.  I'm going in to see my primary today.
I just took my bp again and it was 157/96
I had high blood pressure at 20. I was 6' and 210 lbs. And was very active, and I still have high blood pressure of 150/90, sometimes higher, and high heart rate of 90-110.

Diet and exercise will aid you a lot. I got down to 170 and my BP and heart rate got drastically better. It could be hereditary, but lots of exercise and eating right will keep you from medication, which can cause other issues and make life miserable.