24yrs Old with high blood pressure...HELP!
Ok so I have recently switched doctors and they have been monitoring my blood pressure. Its been high for some reason lately. Well today they took it and it was high again I can't remember what exactly it was. Then he monitored my pulse rate. Which I guess was a concern. So he starting saying "Tacacartic" (sp?) and hypertension. So he has me checking my pulse (30 seconds then multiply number I get by 2) every hour on the hour for the rest of the day and keep a log. So I did and I came away with 108. Now I am 24 and around 175lbs. Not active, nor do many strenuous activities. Ive had bad knees and surgeries that have limited that. So I am simply asking for some answers here. Should I be worried? What could this potential be a sign of. Anything would be awesome.
Thank You
Travis
First, you should verify (objectively) if your heart rate at rest is 108. It really shouldn't be and if it is, this sounds more concerning than an elevated blood pressure.

I'm slightly curious if you are just nervous when measuring blood pressure and heart rate. If you are, both can elevate. Try to measure your heart rate when you are completely relaxed. It should not be above 80. The heart rate during stress at work, etc. is not your resting heart rate.

If your heart rate is elevated at rest, your doctor should find out why. You are stressing your body unnecessary if your heart rate (it's named tachycardia btw) and blood pressure is high. The most common explaination for that condition is hyperthyroidism, but there are lots of other less common conditions. We shouldn't speculate what the answer may be when your doctor can tell you for sure.