75 refuses to go to doctor
Father is 75 and refuses to go the the doctor. Went a few years ago and prescribed atenenol 50mg and hctz 25mg. Prescribed after bp was in the 220's/ Vegetarian all his life.

Drinks a case a day and smokes 2 packs a day. Fluctuating between 180/140 to 120/80.

The package label says hctz at 50 one or two times a day.

Any suggestions on his current treatment? Does this sound right or should I up or lower the dosage of these meds?
You should not up or lower any meds. His doctor should.

I know this situation is tricky. A blood pressure of 220 systolic or 180/140 is extremely dangerous and is considered a medical emergency. On the other hand, his blood pressure can at times be normal, medications are the doctor's job to handle.

I know you just want to be helpful, but you should encourage him to see a doctor instead of taking the role as his doctor. Needless to say, his drinking and smoking habits are extremely hazardious and probably are major causes for his severe hypertension.