High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
Any ideas as to what this could be?
About This Community:

High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) is a reading of 140 (systolic) over 90 (diastolic), or higher and can often lead to heart disease and can often be made worse by high-salt diets. Discuss topics including good low-salt diets, heart disease and treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Any ideas as to what this could be?

Hi Folks,

For a few years now I have been having an odd squeezing / burning feeling below my left breast.  Does not seem to radiate anywhere else.  Seems to occur after I have eaten a meal that is extremely bad for me such as a greasy pizza or when I engage in a sudden sprint or have to lift heavy objects rapidly, or get really stressed.  Anyway, I have run to the ER several times--Approximately twice a year and each time I am given the same battery of tests.  Chest X-Ray, Blood Work, EKG.  Each time I am discharged with a form that states "The pain you are experiencing does not appear to be coming from your heart” In 2010 I even had a Thallium Stress Test which also came back normal.  Everything I read tells me that symptoms I experience are indicative if Angina.  Should I go and see a Cardiologist?  Or does it sound like a case of Cardio phobia?  I am a 40-year old Caucasian male.
Blank
159619_tn?1318997813
You've had a pretty comprehensive battery of tests on your heart, I would doubt if it's cardiac in nature. Although a thallium stress test is 85% accurate, that is mostly due to false positives. This test has a specificity of 97% meaning it will find existing disease 97% of the time so a normal test is vary reassuring.

The pain you describe could easily be a gallbladder or liver issue triggered by a fatty meal. You could see a cardiologist, but remember a cardiologist read your thallium stress test so you'll most likely not hear anything new. If your symptoms change or get worse, go see a cardiologist to be safe.

Jon
159619_tn?1318997813
You've had a pretty comprehensive battery of tests on your heart, I would doubt if it's cardiac in nature. Although a thallium stress test is 85% accurate, that is mostly due to false positives. This test has a specificity of 97% meaning it will find existing disease 97% of the time so a normal test is vary reassuring.

The pain you describe could easily be a gallbladder or liver issue triggered by a fatty meal. You could see a cardiologist, but remember a cardiologist read your thallium stress test so you'll most likely not hear anything new. If your symptoms change or get worse, go see a cardiologist to be safe.

Jon
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
1236893_tn?1394988190
Blank
Food Safety for Both Hot and Cold F...
5 hrs ago by gymdandee
Blank
conniep1960 joined this community