Aa
A
A
Close
Any ideas as to what this could be?
Hi Folks,

For a few years now I have been having an odd squeezing / burning feeling below my left breast.  Does not seem to radiate anywhere else.  Seems to occur after I have eaten a meal that is extremely bad for me such as a greasy pizza or when I engage in a sudden sprint or have to lift heavy objects rapidly, or get really stressed.  Anyway, I have run to the ER several times--Approximately twice a year and each time I am given the same battery of tests.  Chest X-Ray, Blood Work, EKG.  Each time I am discharged with a form that states "The pain you are experiencing does not appear to be coming from your heart” In 2010 I even had a Thallium Stress Test which also came back normal.  Everything I read tells me that symptoms I experience are indicative if Angina.  Should I go and see a Cardiologist?  Or does it sound like a case of Cardio phobia?  I am a 40-year old Caucasian male.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
159619 tn?1318997813
You've had a pretty comprehensive battery of tests on your heart, I would doubt if it's cardiac in nature. Although a thallium stress test is 85% accurate, that is mostly due to false positives. This test has a specificity of 97% meaning it will find existing disease 97% of the time so a normal test is vary reassuring.

The pain you describe could easily be a gallbladder or liver issue triggered by a fatty meal. You could see a cardiologist, but remember a cardiologist read your thallium stress test so you'll most likely not hear anything new. If your symptoms change or get worse, go see a cardiologist to be safe.

Jon
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Top Healthy Living Answerers
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee
NJ
Blank
tacolino
Ireland
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Keep track of your blood pressure
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
8 hrs ago
Blank
Paxiled commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
16 hrs ago
317787 tn?1468754865
Blank
Dee1956 commented on THIS NEW FORUM STINKS...
Jul 22
High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community Resources
Top Healthy Living Answerers
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee
NJ
Blank
tacolino
Ireland