High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
BLOOD PRESSURE QUAERY

A community of people with High Blood Pressure to guide and support you. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

BLOOD PRESSURE QUAERY

HI
I HAD A BLOOD PRESSURE 160/100 AND SOME TIME 150/90.... BUT NOW THESE DAY IT IS 130 TO 135 SYSTOLIC AND 80 TO 85 IS DIASTOLIC CAN YOU TELL ME IT IS NORMAL IF I WANT TO REDUCE MY BLOOD PRESSURE  WHAT I HAVE TO DO WITHOUT MEDICATION BECOZ I JUST ONLY 27 YEARS OLD
Your BP is slightly elevated. You may be able to control it by avoiding processed foods and foods with a high volume of salt. Don't forget that soda had a huge amount of salt, try to avoid that as well. You can also ask your doctor about exercise as that will also lower your BP.

Good luck.

Jon
I just wanted to add; in young people, high blood pressure is often also related to a stressful lifestyle (including being afraid of your blood pressure :-)

You've done a great job reducing your blood pressure, and if you can reduce it down into the 120s, it would (in my country) be completely normal, rather than "high normal" that you have now (this is variable from country to country, in Norway, <120 is optimal, 120-130 is normal, 130-140 is high normal, in US, <120 is normal, and 120-140 is prehypertension. I don't know what the guidelines are in Australia though. But we can all agree that 150-160 is too high, especially for a 27 y/o man.

Live healthy, avoid excess salt as Jon said, exercise if you can, avoid smoking and too much alcohol. If you at some point need medications, it's not the end of the world :-) the alternative is worse.