High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
Blood pressure & heart Questions

A community of people with High Blood Pressure to guide and support your journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, exercise, and treatment.

Blood pressure & heart Questions

Im a 33 yr old over-weight female, with high blood pressure, pre-diabetic (insulin resistant) and now cholesterol issues!  I really need some advice, help, answers!!!  I also suffer from health anxiety and it concentrates on my "heart"....

I do take a low dose of lisinopril which keeps my bp regulated, Metformin Er for the pre-diabetic which is under control and I have not taken anything for the cholesterol (it scares me to death)  My cholesterol was total 227; tri 163; hdl 38; ldl 161 and vldl 33.

My problem is I don't think my cholesterol is that bad and she didn't give me a chance to get it down with exercise before prescribing me medication!  Its just like I never feel very good anymore and I want to get to feeling good and in better health but I want to improve things without medication!!!  How can I do this??!!  

I think that you are suffering a methabolic syndrome.  I think you should get your thiroyde and vitamin D check before start with statins.

Try to supress sugar and walk as much as you can.

Jesus
I agree with the poster above, this sounds like methabolic syndrome. You are young, so it is time to make a change.

Your cholesterol isn't severely high by any means, but combined with high blood pressure, insulin resistance and overweight it's a bad combination, medications will help, but you need to make the change.

Avoid sugar. It will dramatically help reduce your cholesterol as well as your type 2 diabetes. Insulin is triggering cholesterol production in the liver, so reducing adrenalin will have the same effect as taking statins.

You need to exercise. It will help reducing your anxiety as well as your weight and blood pressure, and increase your HDL. I started exercising fairly intense three months ago. Now I'm running 6 miles twice a week as well as some intensive cardio exercise and weightlifting. My blood pressure is 100/60 and my lipids have improved dramatically.
Wat is methobolic syndrome?  How is it treated??  
Combination of high blood pressure, insulin resistance, overweight and dyslipidemia. Treatment is medicines but most important; lifestyle changes
I am taking my lisinopril and metformin er.  However, Im afraid to take a cholesterol lowering drug!  I started a diet today that is for diabetics and low cholesterol, so Im hoping this will help my cholesterol a lot!!  My sugars are staying low so they are definitely under control!  I do take vitamins everyday also.  Do you know what other meds would be prescribed for methobolic syndrome???  Im also joining a gym so that way I can get more active and Ive cut pop out of my diet, just water and powerade zero :)  
It sounds like pcos. I have it and was put on metformin for it. Please research it
is that something to do with getting pregnant?  I have my tubes tied.  I just know since my last child my cycle has changed a lot! I think my doctor thinks Im crazy and just keeps prescribing different medicines....which I hate taking!!!!
Sounds great. You are doing all the right things now :)

Just make sure to measure your sugar on occation so it doesn't get too low when you are changing your lifestyle.

I don't know why you are so afraid of taking statins, they are safe, but of course, if you can avoid taking medications, that's the best choice (given that you are able to change your lifestyle, of course).