Constructed Artery
I am a professional engineer and understand fluid flowing in conduits and I understand it is similar in relation to  the flow of  blood  in the artery. I have had to take blood pressure medication since 1986. I understand high blood pressure is cause because the blood vein is constricted.and therefore the blood pressure goes up when the artery opening gets smaller. How does blood pressure medication work to large a constricted artery so that the opening in the artery or vein is enlarged to maintain a low-pressure? I would appreciate an medical explanation.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi, blood pressure increases due to peripheral arterial spasm and the heart has to pump against this increased resistance, so the pressure increases. Medications are given to relieve this spasm and lower pressure. Majority of cases of hypertension are due to primary cause, where the cause is not known. Secondary causes are due to renal diseases and endocrine disorders and in this case you are likely to manifest symptoms of these disorders. Regards.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank You for responding.
Sincerely,
Zeus
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Top Healthy Living Answerers
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
Blank
Ireland
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Keep track of your blood pressure