Help
I recently visited a Cardiologist due to experiencing left sided chest aches.  This is not the first time I have visited a Cardiologist as I underwent a Nuclear Stress Test in 2010 (Which came back normal) Continuing to experience the aforementioned chest discomfort I visited another Cardiologist as the former had relocated his practice to another state.  Anyway, this time (two weeks ago) I was given yet another Nuclear Stress Test and an Echo.  Went back to the doc and received what I perceived as good news / not so good news.  Normal Nuclear Stress Test, and “Moderate” thickening of the heart muscle.  That is all I remember unfortunately but if I understand correctly this is called Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy correct? Anyway, I am a 41 year old white male, no diabetes, no kidney issues, and take Lisinopril and Cardizem.  Doc says he wants to see me a couple of times a year for BP / weight check (I’m kind of a big guy) Question is:  Do I need to freak out about this?  Or is this something that comes with age etc.
Thickening of the heart muscle may suggest left  ventricular hypertrophy  that is often associated with hypertension while hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is an inherited  condition in which the heart muscle becomes thick.  Take your medications as prescribed and have regular follow-up with your cardiologist. Take care and hope all is well.