High BP in Doctors and Dentist office.
I know our BP fluctuates throughout the day, and obviously it will be higher at a dentist office. My dentist didn't want to proceed further because my bp was 145/103, they took it again with another machine and it was 138/89. At the doctors a week ago it was 140/106, it went down with a different cuff.

Question is, when I am at home it is usually 110/70 - 125/85. Should I increase my medication? Seems like once I step a foot out og my house it shoots up like crazy, I don't think a home pressure is a healthy to use as a average BP.

I'm on 10 -12.5, but I have some 20/25. I just dont think I need that much water pill and a little afraid to take it.
hi there,
it happend to me when i got to the denist all the time just doint worry about
just think of a happy place when uou got to the denist again or the doctors office  again it you are worried call your doc's nurse and talk to her about it good luck
I'm sure everyone get a little elevated blood pressure at the dentist's office. In my country, they don't even measure blood pressure, I assume they already know it will be elevated..

I don't know which of the cuffs that are the right one, but let's draw an average and say 143/95. I honestly don't understand why that's such a big deal, a temporary increase into that range is nothing. 143/95 is just borderline elevated, and assuming that you get a little stressed when the cuff is inflating, maybe your BP is completely normal after all.

Don't change the medications without asking your doctor. Maybe you should get a 24 hour monitoring (both inside the house and outside) and draw a conclusion from that?

This link should help, this is very common.

http://www.blood-pressure-monitoring.org/white-coat-hypertension.htm