High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
Hypertension and weigth loss

A community of people with High Blood Pressure to guide and support you. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hypertension and weigth loss

What is the best approach to loss weight - a critical step for people at either suffer from or are at risk of developing high blood pressure
Ask your doctor about a good weight loss program for you, they know your history and can make an educated suggestion. It normally takes a cardio exercise with a goal of 75% - 85% of your max heart rate (220 - age). Your doctor needs to approve your goals, ask for their help in coming up with a routine that works for you. Personally I bike 60 mins a day for about 15 miles at a target heart rate of 85% of max. I worked up to that over a year or two, you have to start slow. My doctor kept me on the right path, partner with your doctor, you both have the same goal.

Jon