Is there a high blood pressure diet?
I primarily follow a vegetarian diet but the men in my family follow a carnivore diet.  Is there a list of diet guidelines I can follow for our family when preparing our food that will help prevent high blood pressure?

Any low fat, low sodium (salt) diet will help reduce blood pressure. Also, include several servings of fruits and veggies and cut back on the soda. Take a look at the Mediterranean diet, it has been shown to reduce BP for most using it.

Jon
Following is my suggestion:
Breakfast: Bowl of oatmeal made with skim milk and topped with fruit (berries or chopped apples)
Lunch: Sliced grilled chicken sandwich on whole wheat bread with lettuce, tomato, onion, and a thin spread of mustard or reduced-fat mayo.  Pair with a generous helping of baby carrots, sliced bell pepper sticks, or other veggies.
Deli meats can have up to half your day’s sodium allotment in just one serving, so making your sandwich with plain grilled chicken breast (slice it up yourself) is a smart way to slash sodium at lunchtime.

Snacks:
Handful of unsalted nuts or sunflower seeds. Nuts and seeds are a rich source of heart-healthy fats as well as magnesium.

6-ounce container of nonfat yogurt. Yogurt is rich in calcium, vitamin D, and potassium.
Dinner: Broiled/steamed/grilled salmon fillet seasoned with lemon and any herbs and seasonings (skip the salt).  Serve with sautéed greens (spinach, kale, Swiss chard, etc.) dressed with lemon or balsamic vinegar and half a baked white or sweet potato. For dessert, savor an ounce of 70% dark chocolate (flavonoids in chocolate have been shown to reduce blood pressure), or enjoy a cup of potassium-rich cantaloupe chunks.
Hope that i help
Definitely great tips I am definitely going to use.  I had no idea that you could have dark chocolate.  Is there a certain milligram of salt you should try to stay under?  I have heard of the Mediterranean diet before but never found a good resource on it.  If you have any to share that would be great.

Definitely have a weakness for the salted nuts even pumpkin seeds.  Guess all this salt adds up.