High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
Leg Cramps remedies when taking Norvasc
About This Community:

High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) is a reading of 140 (systolic) over 90 (diastolic), or higher and can often lead to heart disease and can often be made worse by high-salt diets. Discuss topics including good low-salt diets, heart disease and treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Leg Cramps remedies when taking Norvasc

I am 59 year old female and have been taking Norvasc for high blood pressure with good results and little side effects for a year but then started having bad leg cramps. My physician changed my prescription for ACE inhibitors.  Tried 2 different brands and I I have so many side effects (constant coughing, noose dripping, dry nose, vivid dreams, insomnia, itchy skin, etc ) that I now would like to return to Norvasc but how could I get rid of the cramps? One research found that 60% of elderly women  experience muscle cramps with Norvasc. A pharmacist suggested to supplement with Magnesium and Vitamin C to lessen the cramps. Would that help? Also, I noticed that when I was filling my prescriptions of Norvasc, the pharmacists would give me different non-generic versions of Norvasc every time....Are non-generic versions different and do they have different side effects?