Aa
A
A
Close
Lisinopril, Coreg, Light Beer
Hi, my new Beta Blocker arrived today—Coreg.  I am on a 25mg dose twice a day.  My routine used to be this:  Wake up, take the Lisinopril around 7am, go to work, come home have a few drinks from 5pm-7pm then take my 10mg tablet of Bystolic.  What I am trying to figure out is when to take all these pills without if affecting my ritualistic light beer unwinding time.  I don’t know much about Coreg but the Bystolic obviously didn’t kill me when I mixed it with the booze.  Now that I am taking Coreg, should I take the Lisinopril at the same time, 1st Coreg in the afternoon, then the second one at bedtime as I did with the Bystolic?  Or is Coreg more likely to have negative reaction when mixed with the nectar of life?  Decisions……
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi, to begin with there are no known interactions between Coreg and Lisinopril, so you can take them together.  A twice daily dosage is best taken 12 hrs apart. If you are taking the extended release Coreg CR, avoid drinking alcohol within 2 hours before or after taking extended-release carvedilol (Coreg CR). Alcohol may cause the carvedilol in Coreg CR to be released too quickly into the body.  So, while taking Coreg, its best to avoid alcohol 2 hrs before and 2 hrs after taking the medication.  Regards.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Top Healthy Living Answerers
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
Blank
Ireland
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Keep track of your blood pressure