Medication for blood pressure but bottom number seems to want to creep up
I got diagnosed with hypertension at 37 years of age. Due to my "youth" my gp insisted on me seeing a cardiologist because apparently if i was 10 years older no one would bat an eyelid at me having hypertension. After tests which showed slight abnormalities on an ecg my cardiologist wasnt worried about and slight thickening of my heart walls i was put on medication for my hypertension. My bottom number has crept up though since. My bp was about108/85 when last measured. Does that bottom number getting higher mean i will need another type of medication? Is there something else wrong with me? Im due to see the cardiologist again in three days
You do not mention what the diastolic pressure (bottom number) was short after you started your medication.

Preferably the diastolic pressure is below 80, so your measurement is a bit above it.
To get a good impression of the actual bp you need to do several measurements and take an average of them.

Adding medication to lower diastolic pressure will also lower your systolic pressure which is already quite low. I expect that your cardiologist will not change your medication