High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
Really high and then really low in a matter of minutes?

A community of people with High Blood Pressure to guide and support you. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

My mom in congestive heart failure and diabetic, along with dialysis 3 days a week, and blockage that the doctors cannot repair. She is on about 12 meds a day for different things.

With that said, on dialysis days, her blood pressure gets really low. She is on BP medication because without it, her BP is around 180 over 90+.

She called me there last night and said she was having chest pains again (which has been normal now for about 6 months) and she had checked her blood pressure and it was like 170 over 90. I waited about 10 minutes and checked it again and it was 105 over 50.

Is this a sign of the batteries going down on the BP monitor? or is this actually possible?
It is possible to see swings like this in a weakened heart, Blood pressure is dynamic and changes with he body's needs for oxygen or by the effects of outside stimulus. It is not uncommon to see it drop that much that quickly.