High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
Resting pulse rate of 46 w/ my standard high Bp

A community of people with High Blood Pressure to guide and support you. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Ive got a big concern, greatly appreciated for any review or comment..my question is my pulse dropped to 46 last night resting pulse and was low 50's all night long should I be worried? I'm 22 male I play basketball on Tuesdays and go to the gym and walk jog tread meal 3o mins a day and 10 mins on the bike at the gym and lift lightly occasionally as well...and I really have no bad symptoms other than freakibg out a lil cause it feels like its beating too slow?? Advice please? Seen Doc today he said with no symptoms and how young I am "22 now" they don't do anything. Worried some about it...with my high blood pressure too it runs about 160/85 I different meds today currently on hydrochloric thiazides 25mg one a day, now also amlodipine 5mg will start tomorrow. I've had EKG abnormal(thickness of heart) but said it wasn't bad I've had stress test it was normal I've had heart echo it was normal also blood work and chest X-ray all normal..need advice soo much thanks!
Athletes with their heart in condition can potentially have a slower than average normal heartrate.  But you feel like it's beating too slow... are you having symptoms that makes you feel that way or is it just the numbers that are concerning to you?  

I think the doctor should order holter monitoring, not just the stress test, echocardiogram, x-ray and blood work.  Please ask your doctor for an event holter monitor since your heart rate is of concern to you.

You might also ask about getting your cortisol level checked re: your high blood pressure.