Stopping Atenolol while also taking Tizanidine.
While I am not on Atenolol for high blood pressure I thought this might be the best area for this question since Atenolol is often prescribed for high blood pressure. I was prescribed Atenolol for anxiety. Recently I was put on 4mg of Tizanidine once a day for back issues. I know that Tizanidine is similar to Clonidine and I have read that if you stop Atenolol while on Clonidine you could go into hypertensive crisis due to alpha antagonism. I am curious if this is also an issue with Tizanidine. I've read Tizandine is like 1/50th the potency of Clonidine but I'm not sure if there are any issues here. I am only taking 12.5mg of Atenolol but I've gotten to the point that I no longer need it for anxiety and the Tizanidine and Atenolol combo is making my blood pressure a bit too low. My doctor thinks it would be fine but sometimes my doctor seems to think weird things about medications that end up not being correct so I would just like a second opinion before I risk stopping the Atenolol. Thanks in advance for those who answer.
Well I am not a doctor, so I am not qualified to offer a second opinion.

However I will make an observation
I think its safe to take both meds given the dosage amounts you quote in your post.

Normally Atenolol is prescribed for high BP. In this instance its taken daily or in a regular pattern as prescribed.
Sometimes if its prescribed for anxiety issues, it can be taken as required. Perhaps you should consult your doctor and consider this as a way forward.

I will say though that stopping Beta Blockers can sometimes have a re bound Tachycardia effect, at least for a while after stopping them
Your doctor seems like many doctors, once the BP numbers are good, even if a bit low, they dont really care, as they seem to have no problem once the numbers are good.
See if the doctor will begin a programme to ween you off the Beta Blocker slowly  over a number of weeks?
Tizanidine is contraindicated with concurrent antihypertensive therapy. Check your blood pressure before you administer this drug, but do not discontinue the atenolol abruptly (this will cause a rebound effect.) If you are checking your blood pressure and it's dropping below 90/60 or if you change positions (like standing up) and you feel dizzy then you may need a lowered dose of Tizanidine or possibly a different medication.