High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
anxiety or high bp?
About This Community:

High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) is a reading of 140 (systolic) over 90 (diastolic), or higher and can often lead to heart disease and can often be made worse by high-salt diets. Discuss topics including good low-salt diets, heart disease and treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

anxiety or high bp?

I have severe anxiety n panic attacks..I am 14 weeks pregnant and my bp has been high on and off..yesterday I had a bad headache like a migraine n I was soooo dizzy I even thought I'd fall..my heart beats fast as soon as I stand or walk..I went to see my OB and they checked my blood pressure it was 140/90 and I'm not diabetic but it does run in my family so out of curiosity I asked the nurse to check my glucose with that lil finger poke and it came out at 156 I had only had cereal 3 hours earlier so I thought it was high bcuz my sugar has never been that high..ever..ughh, ok can all this be my anxiety or can I really be getting high blood pressure and gestational diabetes?
1124887_tn?1313758491
Anxiety may easily drive your blood pressure up to 140/90. Though 140/90 isn't dangerously high (actually, it's borderline normal), you may want to ask for a 24 hour monitoring or buy a home monitor to see what your "real" blood pressure is.

If you usually are below 135/85 (the limit is slightly lower when you're not at the doctors office, seems like some white coat hypertension is expected), you don't have high blood pressure.

I completely understand your anxiety. I have anxiety too. I wish you all the best and good luck with your pregnancy.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
Blank
remar commented on photo
4 hrs ago
Blank
remar commented on lboogie7729's status
Apr 17
Blank