anxiety or high bp?
I have severe anxiety n panic attacks..I am 14 weeks pregnant and my bp has been high on and off..yesterday I had a bad headache like a migraine n I was soooo dizzy I even thought I'd fall..my heart beats fast as soon as I stand or walk..I went to see my OB and they checked my blood pressure it was 140/90 and I'm not diabetic but it does run in my family so out of curiosity I asked the nurse to check my glucose with that lil finger poke and it came out at 156 I had only had cereal 3 hours earlier so I thought it was high bcuz my sugar has never been that high..ever..ughh, ok can all this be my anxiety or can I really be getting high blood pressure and gestational diabetes?
Anxiety may easily drive your blood pressure up to 140/90. Though 140/90 isn't dangerously high (actually, it's borderline normal), you may want to ask for a 24 hour monitoring or buy a home monitor to see what your "real" blood pressure is.

If you usually are below 135/85 (the limit is slightly lower when you're not at the doctors office, seems like some white coat hypertension is expected), you don't have high blood pressure.

I completely understand your anxiety. I have anxiety too. I wish you all the best and good luck with your pregnancy.