High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
blood pressure med

A community of people with High Blood Pressure to guide and support your journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, exercise, and treatment.

blood pressure med

After 3 other types of blood pressure meds I'm taking 10mg bystolic 1/2 tab twice daily since having a major surgery that resuled in having a blood pressure problem along with palpations. Lately since my last visit at the cardiologist for blood pressure ,my blood pressure has been on the low side 94/95/97/100 over 60/61/63 pulse ranging from 60-71. The cardio said he would like to see the top number of blood pressure over 100 at least.  I've been a little dizzy at times and it feels like i'm deep breathing just to relieve a feeling, like i need an adjustment from a chiro  and heaviness in the neck area and it makes me feel low and kind of sluggish. My heart is fine I've had all types of test from cardio that have come back fine.  Im wondering if my body is adjusting after the major operation and if the blood pressure med should be reduced further.  I'm worried if the palpations will still be happening as the cardio after discussing these issues told me to stop the med for a week  and keep monitoring the blood pressure to see if it rises more and report them.  After reading the warnings for bystolic I'm worried about just not taking the med and it may cause other problems with my heart. I been walking for exercise since my surgery in May of this year to help with the blood pressure and palpataions plus changed my diet.
Thanks Shay
Your BP is too low and your doctor is right to suggest you go off. Unfortunately, the meds also control your PVCs so it's a catch 22. The important thing to remember is that the PVCs wont harm you if hyour heart structure is normal, which it sounds like yours is. The low BP can cause harm so you need to find a balance.

Does your doc suggest any other med?

Jon