High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
blood pressure

A community of people with High Blood Pressure to guide and support your journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, exercise, and treatment.

blood pressure

i am having a lot of trouble with blood preesure   it keeps going tp low so does my heartbrate and pulse . i cut my blood presureb tablet in half of a morning it is still not working,blood presure was85/dia46/pulse42.can i take anything to make it go up a bit.in never had blood pressure in my life till they put me on heart medication..any help wendy
Sounds to me like you don't need blood pressure medication. I was put on it one time during a stressful time in my life. I resolved that and now I dont take anything. Have you tried not taking it and seeing what your BP does? Might be the wrong medication for you.
Go back to your doctor.  Sounds like they made a mistake.  They are not perfect.  What else did you do?  Are you drinking enough water?  Taking potassium?  Your doctor needs to reevaluate you.  Please don't wait too long.
done that and its fine now thanks for ur help really appreciate it thanks wendy
didnt go to dr just stopped taking it fine now. drink heaps of water daily so no problem and i dont drink alcohol as u said in ur email sounded like u werent so interested . wendy
Sesame and Rice Bran Oils: Healthy Fatty Acids
According to new research conducted by the American Heart Association, people who incorporated a blend of both sesame and rice bran oils into their cooking reduced their blood pressure significantly. Additionally, consumption of the oil blend coupled with high blood pressure medication produced even more optimal results among average aged men and women. Fatty acids and antioxidants found in the oils are likely helping to reduce blood pressure.

High cholesterol among test subjects also saw a decline, with a 26 percent decrease in LDL's (bad cholesterol) and a 9.5 percent increase in HDL's (good cholesterol). "Rice bran oil, like sesame oil, is low in saturated fat and appears to improve a patient's cholesterol profile," says Devarajan Sankar, MD, Ph.D., a research scientist in the Department of Cardiovascular Disease at Fukuoka University Chikushi Hospital in Chikushino, Japan, in the AHA press release.