High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
high blood pressure
About This Community:

High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) is a reading of 140 (systolic) over 90 (diastolic), or higher and can often lead to heart disease and can often be made worse by high-salt diets. Discuss topics including good low-salt diets, heart disease and treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

high blood pressure

Are there any herbs or minerals or vitamins that can be used to help reduce blood pressure.  My pressures have been around 143/106.
I assume this is high since 120/80 is norm.  I would like to give them a try first before I go on a life long trial of meds from my Dr.

thank you
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
875426_tn?1325532016
Your diastolic is particularly troubling to me here- that means your heart is not relaxing as it should in between beats, which can in the long run, lead to a stiffening.  Did the doctor order an echocardiogram?  Is the doctor agreeable with you trying natural methods first to try to reduce your blood pressure?  

You might check with a licensed Chinese acupuncturist/herbalist.  I think acupuncture can help to lower blood pressure, though not sure about all particulars & they would be familiar with what herbs might help or not.  

Exercise, weight loss if not at ideal weight (which can lessen the stress on one's heart), and practicing deep breathing a number of times a day for several minutes may all help to reduce blood pressure.
Blank
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hericium_erinaceus

Consider lion's mane mushroom in supplement form.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
Blank
harishgulati is ... Comment
Jul 21
Blank
ineedy commented on photo
Jul 20
Blank