high bp, stress and anxiety and exhaustion
I have been under a lot of stress lately, working long hours, not getting enough sleep, and my bp and anxiety have increased - 145/95.  I take 160 mg procardia and celexa (20mg [?] and klonopin (.25-.5mg).  Could the lack of sleep and the stress at work be causing the higher readings.  Usually when I am not stressed it runs about 118/82.  I have felt shakey, could be the anxiety, and am totally exhausted.  It seems to be higher in the morning, but then I can't check it during the day as I am busy - working 9-9 most days - including Saturday 9-5.  Have also had headaches, slight, and sinus and a cold.... too much going on in my life.  Suggestions?
fd
Hi LeeAnn06, it could be that your high levels of stress have lead to a series of anxiety and illness. During times of stress, your body produces a hormone called cortisol. Cortisol helps your body function properly by helping to regulate blood pressure, increase immunity, and to maintain the body's normal balance and function. In this case, I believe your body is producing too much cortisol (negative effects to the body) which is causing you to shake and increasing your blood pressure. Cortisol is present in the body at higher levels during the day (when you are most active) and lowest at night (when you are resting), so, your lack of sleep at night and long hours at work during the day may be the cause of your symptoms. I would recommend you go to your doctor and have him/her conduct a stress test to get a better understanding of your body so that you can get a better sense of how you can control your stress levels.

Hugs!
Tiff
Hi LeeAnn06,

You need to change your daily timetable. As you are workin from 9-9, it's really too much for you. Try to reduce your working hrs. So you can get more time to relax also you will get enough sleep. Start meditation in the morning . It will help you for stress free and healthy life.