High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
white coat syndrome

A community of people with High Blood Pressure to guide and support you. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

white coat syndrome

How can I deal with white coat syndrome.  My BP was 190/110 at the Dental Surgeon.  Normally 130/80 or 140/90 which I am comfortable with.  I am 76 years old and take 40mg Lisinopril daily. My Dental Surgeon won't do a tooth extraction unless my BP is lower.
HELP
Take a look at this, it should help.

Jon

http://www.blood-pressure-monitoring.org/white-coat-hypertension.htm
Have you tried to take any pill for anxiety before going to the dentist?

Jesus
Take a look at this, it should help.

Jon

hi, i have the same problem so i take a ativan before i go to the dentist or dr.

i went one time to the dentis and it was high they gave me a big shot of the efferon to numb me and it shot my bp to stroke zone. i thought i was going to die right there , my head was exploding it did come back down but scared me and my dentist. so i no longer take the efferon shots always with out the efferonb and a ativan to keep bp low, talk to your reg dr they can give you some just for that reason
ladies and gentlemen;
Thank you for your response. I went to my primary and got a prescrition for Xanax an anxiety pill (same as avitan) and took it an hour before I saw the surgeion.   My BP before surgery was l37/71 and the procedure was done.
Thank you....it helped a lot