Holistic Care For Pets Community
4Yr old dachshund urinating everywhere

This community is for questions and support regarding holistic care for your pets.

4Yr old dachshund urinating everywhere

My 4 year old spayed dachshund is well housetrained but lately she pees on the bed as soon as she comes in from being outside.  She also is drinking more water than usual.  Any suggestions?  
hi...I am not a Vet and we no longer have one on this particular forum, just click on the link below it will take you to Medhelps Animal Health forum where there is one, Dr. Redford will reply to your question if you repost it there...I just want to mention, that drinking more water and urinating alot is a classic sign of Diabetes...you really need to take your dachshund for an examination...good luck

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/new_with_new_subject?forum_id=112
I think, one of two possibilities.
1  Sounds like kidney issues.  I would take her to the vet so they can run some blood work and be prepared to take a urine sample.

2  But it could be strictly behavioral.  Peeing on a bed, the master's bed?  Maybe this little girl is thinking that she needs to be marking some territory because there is a potential threat. Maybe even a threat she sees outside so she marks as soon as she comes in.  Just a thought.

Without you writing a book of everything going on in the house, your life, the dog's life, etc.  it's hard to say what it is exactly.
I would say though, a trip to the vet is a good idea.
Best of luck to you!
Thank you!  It's gotten so much better.  And now that you mention it she is a VERY dominant alpha female that consistently hunches my 2 male dogs.  
Thank you!  I did take her to the vet & all medical problems were ruled out thankfully.  Now I just have to deal with her diva issues I suppose.  I am basically re-housetraining her!  She is so stubborn!!