There are many ways to control allergies in any size dog.
1. Bathing 2 times per week with a medicated shampoo (environmental allergens pass through the skin).
2. Allergy testing and subsequent immunotherapy (allergy shots)
3. Western medications, such as Antihistamines, Steroids, Atopica, and tranquilizers.
4. Chinese Herbal Medications, such as Kan Herbal company's Derma Wind Release, or Jing Tang Herbal company's Four Paws Damp Heat, and others.
5. Topical preparations: Lian Coptis powder (extremely bitter)
7. Controlling skin parasites (fleas, demodex, scabies), dermal yeast infections, and bacterial skin infections, which can occur at the same time as allergies.
8. Novel Protein/limited ingredient trial if food allergies are suspected.
9. E-Collar's and bandaging feet.
A compounding pharmacy can formulate a proper dose of any medication for your tiny dog.
Many herbal formula's are available online, but it would be best to consult a holistic vet for the best outcome.
Copyright 1994-2017MedHelp International.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.