Holistic Care For Pets Community
Is Huey's Formula effective for canine nasal congestion?
About This Community:

This community is for questions and support regarding holistic care for your pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is Huey's Formula effective for canine nasal congestion?

Our holistic vet has recommended Huey's formula for nasal congestion for Daisy,  our 12 yr old   50# lab pitbull mix. We see no change in her condition. She was on it about a week, then I discontinued. Should I put her on it again ? I had been giving her 1/2 teaspoon 2X day, mixed in her food. Our vet has successfully treated  tumor above her eye with neoplasene and used accupuncture tell help her breath more easily. Her congested sounds are sporadic, sometimes her breathing is very quiet.
Related Discussions
234713_tn?1283530259
Hello,  I don't know who your vet is, but I happily and effectively use the same products your vet uses.

Chinese herbal formula's typically take 3 weeks or more to become optimally effective.  This is because the formula is helping your dog's body to heal itself from the inside out.  I think you gave up to soon.  Additionally, the dose of a powdered herbal formula from the Jing Tang Herbal Co. is 1/4 tsp. per 10 pounds of body weight.  Since your dog is 50 pounds she her dose should be 1 and 1/4 teaspoons twice daily.  

If the breathing difficulty is due to a concurrent lung problem the addition of Bu Fei Wan may help.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Holistic Care For Pets Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank