Holistic Care For Pets Community
My Elderly Cat Has Renal Disease

This community is for questions and support regarding holistic care for your pets.

My Elderly Cat Has Renal Disease

Would it be okay to give my cat who has renal disease Rehmannia 8 liquid?  Each dropperful equals 50 ML.  The vet never suggested it, but I have some for my dog and I'm wondering if it would be useful for my cat. She will not eat the Hills k/d diet.  All she wants is treats all day.  She doesn't care for people food.  I don't know what to feed her anymore.  Any suggestions?

This discussion is related to azodyl refrigeration.
Hi, hope your cat is doing better.  I would suggest trying different foods. My cat Ishvar has had kidney issues for the last year or more.   When i had to change my cats diet I had to try several brands until I found the stuff he'd eat today and again tomorrow.  He finally decided he likes the Medi-Cal canned  Renal LP, which is whole chicken pieces that I have to mash up with a fork or he just licks the gravy off. and he also like the Medi-Cal Reduced Protein.  We think he likes he moisture content in these two foods.  He won't eat the Iams since they changed the formula for their foods several years ago, and he ate  Iams only for about the first 12 years of his life.  And I think it was the Science diet was too moist or too dry?  He also gets dry food, Medi Cal reduced protein.  
But what I really wanted to tell you is that I use a jigger glass and put a measured dose of L lysine gel in and then I open and add the Azodyl from one caplet and mix it up well and then I suck it into a syringe and then put it on the back of the cats tongue.  This method has worked very well, no fighting to get him to swallow the pill, and no pills found on the floor, and my cat is doing much better.  Much, much better.  Hope this helps.  Madly in love with Ishvar cat.