Holistic Care For Pets Community
Mycoplasma
About This Community:

This community is for questions and support regarding holistic care for your pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mycoplasma

My 14yr kitty has had bouts of nasal congestion (Caught at the emergency room 3-4 yrs ago). She has them twice a year. She also has CRF. Right now she has had the nasal congestion for 3 months. She was diagnosed as having MYCOPLASMA just this last week. I have tried everything and do not want her back on antibiotics again (Did them last September and October-cos they dont work (amoxyc. & clavamox  I believe). She cant be prescribed just any antibiotic either). The doc wants to try ORTHOVOX this time.
Any help for holistic supplements please. Tried Goldenseal, echinaccea, vit C, pulsitilla, Homeopet Nasal Relief, & now Ganmaoling (which helped last time). She has NO discharge and eat and drinks and plays just fine.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
hi, I do search on holistic supplements and will try and get to that today for some info for you. I am not a Vet, only a cat owner.
have you used L-lysine or Lactoferon? particulary if a calici virus or herpes is present.

I will send you a website to read on Mycoplasma, however they recommend tx with tetracycline and I have read that can be very harsh on kitty with CRF. so as you say you need to be careful.
http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_feline_infectious_anemia.html

Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
here is another site with info on mycoplasma....this Vet also recommends tetracycline or doxicycline. I have read doxicycline is  safer but you would need to check with your Vet to find out if its ok with CRF cats.

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp?cfile=htm/bc/10406.htm
Blank
thanks for your suuggestions. I ended giving her an antiobiotic from the vet clamophenicol? after the 8th day-it still had not worked.  I bought some L-Lysine yesterday.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Holistic Care For Pets Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...