Holistic Care For Pets Community
Natural relief for cat eye infection caused by allergy

This community is for questions and support regarding holistic care for your pets.

My cat Jimi has severe allergies. We think the dust is causing it as we live on the desert side of Maui, Hawaii. The vet doesn't know actually what is causing it either . The redness got so bad in his right eye he caused an ulcer which is taking forever to heal and now both eyes are red, bulging and sore. I bathe him once a week, wipe his face clean everyday , have his head in a cone (so he can't rub his eyes) and with the vets recommendation have tried every drop/ointment known to man ! I recently thought of coconut oil to soothe the eyes but it didn't change anything. Maybe aloe Vera? I'm scared though as he is so hyper sensitive. Any help AT ALL would be so welcome and appreciated , I'm so sad for him and feel like I can't help my poor cat baby. Thanks ! Amie
Hi Amie, how HORRID for poor Jimi !
Can you get hold of homeopathic where you are?
There are many remedies for oral & bathing Euphrasia is a common one 3 drops of tincture in 2 teaspoons sterile water 3x daily to soothe eyes can also be given orally can get them in tabs.
It would be better if you look the remedies up to see which ones would suit Jimi. Better if you can find an alternative vet?!
Have a look at Richard Allport natural vet website look at his remedies.
Also have a look at  bluesy natural vet.com
Emma Styles is amazing she does TCM  look at her pages the 5 elements nutrition etc
Have you used antihistamines?
Acupuncture may also help as it is to do with balancing Ying & Yangs the websites explain.

Good Luck & best wishes
Warmest
Sue
Ps It is Blueskynatural eats.com
Sorry I don't know why it's not spelling properly try again

Blueskynaturalvets.com