Holistic Care For Pets Expert Forum
Rhemania 8 formula

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Holistic Care. Questions will be answered by a veterinarian.

Rhemania 8 formula

following my previous question about my renal insuficient cat, I have found a Rhemania 8 formula but suddenly have questions about it (I've read different formulas on the net)
my cat is taking a spoon of Epakitin morning and evening
plus one pill of felimazole for hyperthyroidism every two days (thiamizole 5 mg)
can I still give her Rhemania 8 formula?

I have bought a pot and it says "concentrated powder" for humans put one teaspoon in hot water and drink like tea
how much should I give to my skinny cat (around 5.5 lb)? how?
is the formula correct?
(shu di huang 29% shan zhu yu 15% shan yao 15% gui zhi 4% fu zi 4% ze xie 11% fu ling 11% mu dan pi 11%)
I read different ones on the net it makes me scared ^^

thanks again for all the help!
Type of Animal
:  
cat
Age of Animal
:  
18
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
none
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
December 16, 2009
Other pertinent test results
:  
hyperthyroidism
renal insufficiency
I am glad that you have a concentrated formula because your tiny cat will need so little that hopefully it will be easier to give.  Generally pets need a much higher dose per pound than a human.  Therefore, the dose for your cat is 1/8 to 1/6 of a teaspoon twice to three times per day.  You can give the Rehmannia 8 either by mixing it with a small amount of clam juice or fish liquid and squirting it in her mouth using a dosing syringe or eye dropper, or by mixing it with her food.  It is a safe herbal formula even with hyperthyroid medication.