Holistic Care For Pets Expert Forum
What meds would you prescribe for my sick dog in kidney failure?

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Holistic Care. Questions will be answered by a veterinarian.

My dog Abbie is in kidney failure and the vet presribed the following after 24 hours on IV: Azodyl - 2 caps AM & 1 cap PM, Fortekor lavour tab 5mg 1/2 tab every 24 hrs., epakitin 150 g - 2 scoops on food 2X daily.  

I have also consulted a naturopathic dr - I'm scared I'm losing her.  Is there anything else you can recommend?
I am sorry to hear about your dogs kidney failure and glad to help. I can you offer specific suggestions as far as diet, fluids and supplements if I am able to view your dogs the blood and urine results.

Please feel free to contact my veterinary office if you would like to discuss this further and understand there are many traditional and holistic options available which have proven quite effective for many dogs in kidney failure similar to yours.

Best Wishes,
Dr Carol Osborne, DVM