Holistic Care For Pets Expert Forum
bladder issues
About This Forum:

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Holistic Care. Questions will be answered by a veterinarian.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

bladder issues

My dog has hip displaysia and arthritis in his spine. I started him on DGP pills in the beginning of March. They have been a miracle drug. He's reduced his ascription to 1 evey 4 or 5 days and can actually walk some on his own now. Last week I noticed he's been dripping urine sometimes quit a bit. He will urinate about a half of a cup at a time sometimes its a stwady stream sometimes its a broken stream. He doesn't seem to be straining at all. But then he will lay down and drip. He's been having accidents in the house as well. He doesnt show any signs of pain in his abdomen region. My vet thought maybe it could have something to do with the herbs in the dgp pills and recommened I take him off them for a week and see if it clears up. Then if it doesn't we are going to try antiobiotics for the urinary track than xrays on the bladder to be sure there are no stones or tumors. He also thought that because of the hip problems maybe he wasn't emptying his bladdwer fully and when he lays down it spills out. The only chane in his blood scan from Feb until today was his pancreas level was up. Is it possible the herbs that are in the DGP are having this effect on him? My vet doesn't know anything about herbs and such and any input or advice anyone could provide would be greatly helpful. I'm currently helping him walk around but getting him a wheelchair to get around with in a few weeks. Thank you.
Type of Animal
:  
dog
Age of Animal
:  
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
mixed
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
March 25, 2010
City
:  
Meshoppen
State/Province
:  
PA
Blood Test Results
:  
Everything was good except panceas level was high not sure what range
X-Ray Results