Holistic Care For Pets Expert Forum
my turtle is not having food

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Holistic Care. Questions will be answered by a veterinarian.

my turtle is not having food
i have a male singaporean turtle,it use to thrive on grapes,n sometimes its on  turtle food,we gave it a milk chocolate n after eating it , he has stopped eating food,it excretes ,but doesnt eat food.            please help
Chocolate is toxic to many non-primate animal species.  I am not an exotic veterinarian so I cannot be sure about turtles.  Chocolate is certainly not on the list of foods that turtles eat in the wild, and if not toxic to a turtles kidneys, it may simply be too rich in fat for your turtle.

A day or two of fasting for an adult turtle is usually safe, but provide necessary water at all times.  

If your turtles diet consists of occasional turtle food and grapes it is too limited in variety.  And, your turtle should be receiving extra calcium, other minerals, and vitamins in powedered form to be sprinkled on the food prior to feeding.

I don't know if there is a veterinarian in your area that treats turtles, but if your turtle continues not to eat he may need animal hospital care.

Please also post this question to the Exotic Community.