Horses & Large Animals Community
7 yr old gelding. losing weight and direah himself

Welcome to the Horses & Large Animals Forum!
This forum is for questions and support regarding your horses and other large pets!

hes already getting alot of gray hair around his face he looks older than 10 year old mare, he has been fed every day and clean water not from pond, from buckets but seems to be losing weight . i took  him to the vet in kaufman and the vertanarian told me he had absolutly no clue what the isue is he gave me molases and i fed it in his feed just how i was suposed to, he had diareah for about two onths and finaly stoped now he has sores , and not from flys but weird looking like almost lumps on him i dont know what the deal is or what could possibly be going wrong with him but if anyone has maby a clue plz respond!!
Tags: american quarter horse, gelding, Gray Hair, Weight Loss, sores, unexplained and abnormal
It is really hard to say.  Is there another vet in the area that you can take the horse to, or that can come do a farm call?