Horses & Large Animals Community
A stallion's penis hanging long constantly

Welcome to the Horses & Large Animals Forum!
This forum is for questions and support regarding your horses and other large pets!

I went with my friends to help them check out this Quarter stallion as a possible bargain trail horse for a their youth camp org. I told them to wait on that purchase because I was perplexed because the stallions penis was constantly down. It was not stiff or engorged but about 14-16 inches of it hung down like a limp noodle. I asked if the owners if they had recognized that and they sad it was like that for a "while" but they didn't feel comfortable talking about the animals genitalia and firmly asserted the subject change to other matters. I discussed the penis issue with my friends and they agreed that if the stallion had all that hanging down the children would get inapropriate "eye fulls" if he was used in the youth camp. They loved this horse otherwise and he was the most affordable too. Is this horse ok or is he just a wierd freak. And could it, I mean his penis, be shortened or just cut off completely. At least that would save the innocent kid's eyes.  
Tags: horse, penis, down
Well, first off, I hope you were not serious when you asked about "shortening" his penis, and I sincerely hope you are not writing a bogus thread here...so I will respond appropriately.  Things to consider are:  1) Stallions, on the whole, would not be considered safe for youngsters at a youth camp to ride.  This Quarter you are looking at would be no exception.  I highly steer you away from this horse for this purpose as Stallions can be a bit hard to handle and certainly NOT appropriate for inexperienced youngsters in a trail riding situation. 2) there could be something medically wrong with this horse to always be dropped down.  A veterinarian should be called to check on this.  Certainly, a thorough veterinarian health check should be performed before purchasing a horse anyway, and especially as it will be brought into a herd of healthy other horses that you would not want to infect, and also you would want to know what you are getting into medically with any new horse. 3) All male species have penis'.  It is normal. Horses drop down normally when they urintate, are relaxed, or get an erection. (Hanging down all the time, as I stated, could be medical). This being a medical board, I can just tell you that it is biology and that's just the way it is.  I am sure the other horses at this youth camp that are males (stallions or geldings) all function in the manner described above. As for your suggestion, as I said, I hope you weren't serious. Afterall, would YOU want that done to YOU?  Not only is it illegal, immoral, and definitely animal abuse, for which you can be charged and punished, but perhaps you should re-think the situation of interest in this horse, or any horse in general.  

It would be nice to know if this Youth Camp you mentioned is accredited by American Camping Association or any other association for  youth camps?