Horses & Large Animals Community
I Am Very Worried

Welcome to the Horses & Large Animals Forum!
This forum is for questions and support regarding your horses and other large pets!

I Am Very Worried

So I came home from work and I went to go get my piggy, her name is Mega Meat. She seemed very limp and unresponsive. Pulled her out, didn't even oink once, like she normally does. I asked my boyfriend if he knows anything. and this mo**** fu**** told me that he was spinning her, and tossing her up in the air while spinning her and told that she hit her head on the bed. v.v
She can stand on all fours but has trouble staying up and keeps on flopping over and struggles to get up. No vocal activity whatsoever. Maybe she is dizzy?
She is 2 months old. I am very scared. And it seems like she is, well SHE IS traumatized, because she is shaking a lot. She eats, drinks, poos and pees normally.
I am just very concerned. :(

Thank You, Nicole
Thank you for writing....
you MUST get your piggy to a veterinarian IMMEDIATLY!! Your piggy is most likely to have some severe head trauma, just not dizziness, as well as some possible internal injuries. If you do not have a regular veterinarian (and of course it is saturday as I write this, and most vets are not open weekends), then you can take her to an emergency veterinary clinic, open 7days a week.  You have two down there...their numbers are (904) 733-5100 and (904) 223-8000.  PLEASE get her to one of them immediatly.

The next step would be to have your boyfirend investigated for animal abuse.  What he did was not playing. For this you should call  904-630-2489.  If you do not want to report it, I will do it on your behalf, just send me a private message with your boyfriends name and his address.